Powering Iraq: Energizing Iraq’s Future
- An assessment of Iraq’s current electricity infrastructure: bridging the gap between demand and supply.
- Managing Iraq’s power shortfall: short, medium and long-term solutions.
- Fast-tracking generation capacity for summer 2019. Boosting overall grid efficiency.
- Ensuring Iraq’s Energy Independence: Iraq’s power sector in a global context.
- Multinational companies: how can they help power Iraq?
Iraq’s Electricity and Power Infrastructure
- Upgrading Iraq’s power infrastructure: exploring advances in storage technology.
- Introducing smart grids and strengthening Iraq’s transmission grid.
- Adding new generation capacities in deprived and post-conflict areas.
- Accelerating Transmission & Distribution Plans: generating power from existing plants.
- Harnessing the role of new technologies to deliver power at lower cost.
Gas to Power
- Unlocking Iraq’s full Energy Potential: building a modern operation for the prosperity of the country.
- Utilizing flare gas capture and treatment technologies to deliver a domestic source of fuel to Iraq’s power generation sector.
- Capitalizing on Iraq’s Natural Gas. Highlighting the importance of gas-fired power stations.
- Basra’s current oil and gas projects and their electricity requirements.
Ministry of Electricity Hosted Session
- Investment Opportunities in Electricity, Power, Renewables and Associated Sectors in Iraq.
- Investment incentives and initiatives to boost FDI in Electricity and Power.
- Regulatory tariff reforms and new privatization strategies for Iraq’s power sector.
- Proposals to rehabilitate existing Power Plants. Joint Ventures sought by the Ministry of Electricity.
- Opportunities for Public Private Partnerships.
Iraq Renewable Energy
- Renewable Energy in Iraq: analyzing the role of renewables in Iraq’s economic transformation.
- Roadmap for Iraq Renewable Energy: solar, geothermal, wind and water.
- Diversifying Iraq’s energy resources: enhancing the energy mix.
- Investment opportunities in solar, wind and biomass facilities.
ECA, Project and PPP Financing Programmes
- Financing power generation, transmission, and distribution projects.
- Financing solutions from international commercial banks and Export Credit Agencies.
- Encouraging foreign investor appetite for Iraq electricity infrastructure redevelopment.
- How should Iraq move forward with a national power financing programme?